LINK Medical is searching for a Director, Safety. Our company is growing, and the portfolio of cross-functional and international projects is increasing. As Director, Safety, you will lead the safety function in LINK Medical Research and will report to the Executive Vice President Medical Operations. You will work in close collaboration with members of internal and external project teams, with local and international projects, and within a range of different therapeutic areas.
This is a position with international outreach and responsibilities, will be based in one of LINK Medical’s offices in Denmark, Norway or Sweden, so we welcome applicants from all the Scandinavian countries.
- Provide leadership and consultancy to clients and project teams delivering services in the areas of pharmacovigilance, device vigilance, veterinary vigilance, medical information and product complaints.
- Support the strategic and operational functions of the safety department to meet its goals and project objectives.
- Provide oversight to safety teams and contribute to project deliverables in the areas under safety.
- Develop, improve, and implement processes for effective safety management.
- Create an environment that encourages learning, self-improvement, and career development for staff.
- Contributes to the implementation of sales & marketing strategies (e.g. for new service offerings or specific target clients).
- Participates in developing new and existing business by interacting with clients.
- Maintain familiarity with current industry practices and regulatory requirements that affect benefit/risk evaluations, NDAs/BLAs/MAAs, and changes to labeling and marketing authorization.
- Maintain professional knowledge and relevant accreditation by active participation in continuing education activities
- Strong experience in safety management (expert level)
- Health care professional degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position including functional management.
- Thorough understanding of safety operations and global regulatory requirements.
- Good level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Reads, writes, and speaks English; fluent in a Scandinavian language required
- Experience managing professional staff; managing clinical research staff highly preferred (performance management, 1:1s, goal setting, and other HR processes).
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the EU/EEA, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- An advanced degree (M.Sc., M.D. or Ph.D.) from an accredited institution in medicine, pharmacy or other life sciences preferred.
- Experience in system implementation
- Experience in implementing new safety services or functions in an organization
- Like to lead others and can motivate and mentor teams to do great work.
- Solution oriented and flexible
- High working capacity- can multitask with ease in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and can solve any potential problems with effective communication and team collaboration.
- You aim to produce the highest quality work, while maintaining professionalism, and courteous attitude with clients and our fellow team members.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to make high level decision
If you would like to know more or have any questions about the position, please contact Executive Vice President Medical Operations, Yngve Mikkelsen, phone +47 949 87 760
All applications are treated confidentially.
Last day for application: February 24-2020
LINK Medical offers:
LINK Medical offers an exciting and challenging position in a European CRO that has a strong local presence. The company focuses on collaboration, sharing of experience and continuous development of our employees. You will be given meaningful work requiring efficient collaboration between industry, clinical and scientific teams and the authorities. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit scheme for all employees.
Note! If you are applying from Sweden or Denmark please fill out the internal job application